Parent Involvement Policy
Homer-Center Elementary Title I Parent and Family Engagement Policies
Parental and family engagement is an integral part of the Title I Program in the Homer-Center School District. The administration and staff recognize the significance of a partnership between home and school to help children realize their fullest potential.
- Information will be shared at Back-to-School Night and Kindergarten Registration outlining the Title I Program.
- Parents and families will receive an informational letter notifying them of changes to the Title I Program.
- A yearly meeting will be scheduled to provide a program overview for all parents and families.
- Parents and families will have the opportunity to participate in yearly Parent and Family Engagement Workshops designed to provide suggestions for home engagement activities to enhance student progress and foster a love of learning.
- Parents and families will have an opportunity to meet with Title I staff during meetings and conferences. Conferences will coincide with the district schedule (typically in October and February).
- Timely information will be shared via telephone calls, letters, email and the school website.
- The effectiveness of parent and family engagement activities will be evaluated via a brief parent survey.
- The Title I staff will contact parents on an “as needed” basis to discuss student progress and provide suggestions for home involvement activities.
- The Title I staff may elect to publish a newsletter several times throughout the year. These will be shared on the web and via email and Friday Folders.
Reviewed: Sept. 17, 2021