Parent Involvement Policy
Homer-Center Elementary Title I Parent and Family Engagement Policies
Parent and family engagement is an integral part of the Title I Program in the Homer-Center School District. Through the collaboration of families, teachers, and administration a procedure has been created to ensure that parents and families are engaged in the planning design, and implementation of the school-wide Title I program as well as other activities designated by Section 1116 in Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA).
- Parents and family members will be invited and encouraged to participate in a variety of stakeholder meetings throughout the year that will discuss, create, and review areas such as:
- Parent and Family Engagement policies
- Annual Title I meetings
- Development of the Title I Plan
- Review of the Title I program
- School Parent Compact
- Parent Workshops
- Homer-Center Elementary will build the school’s, parents’, and families’ capacity for strong parent and family engagement by providing assistance in understanding topics such as:
- The State’s academic content and achievement standards
- The State and local assessments including alternate assessments
- The requirements of Title I and Title I schools
- How to monitor student progress
- How to improve student achievement
- How to work with educators
- The school’s curriculum, interventions, and forms of academic assessment
- Workshops and annual Title I meetings will be held at a variety of times throughout the day as well as in a variety of methods (in-person and virtual) in order to meet the needs of the parents and families who wish to attend. Topics addressed at such trainings will be parent and family driven.
- Homer-Center Elementary will communicate with parents about the Title I program through letters, email, social media, and the district and school websites. To assist in allowing parent and family members to participate, information will be shared in a language that parents and family members can understand.
- Parents and families will have an opportunity to meet with building administration and Title I staff during Back to School Night, Title I meetings, and conferences. Conferences will coincide with the district schedule (typically in October and February). Additional meetings can be set up upon request.
- The effectiveness of the Title I program will be evaluated annually via a parent survey.